Thursday 29 May 2014

An Oldie, But A Goodie


Well I am sure by now most everyone has heard of bareMinerals. If not, either you have been living in a cave, or hiding under a rock, joke! Well I had heard of it but only just purchased the sample kit last Christmas. I am no stranger to the "mineral foundation", but decided to give the bareMinerals "original formula" a good shot.

So I have to say, I was really impressed with the results. I love how easy it is to apply and how natural it looks on the skin. The definite selling feature for me is the ingredients it containes ," Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide".(source)  I am slowly becoming more conscious of what I put on my skin and into my body.

So because this foundation is mineral based it is actually good for your skin.  It is proven to promote clearer, healthier skin.  This foundation provides a very luminous, flawless finish that lasts up to eight hours, (longer if you pair it with a primer).  I also like that it has a SPF factor of 15. This definitely does not take the place of the usual sunscreen, but it's that extra added protection that I like.

It's super easy to use and although less is more with this product, you can build it up for more coverage if you desire. I use the original but there are different formulas for differing skin types. I have combo and this seems to work for me.

I also use the bareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer.  I bought this as a kit when I purchased the full size mineral foundation.  I apply a very small amount of this in outward strokes on my face. You don't rub it in like you would a cream, instead simply smooth it over the skin. I let this dry for few minutes and then apply the mineral foundation over top.  I call this foundation insurance. It's an extra step to help keep everything stay in place for the whole day. It also helps to minimize imperfections you may have on your skin.

I also own the bareMinerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer.  This is something similar to Urban Decay's as I mentioned in an earlier post. It helps your shadow stay  vibrant and crease-free.  An essential for anyone with oily or combo skin.


Lastly but certainly not least, is the bareMinerals "original" Mineral Veil. The ingredients in this are similar to that of the foundation.  It is used to set your makeup by minimizing pores and giving the skin a soft, natural airbrushed appearance.  This product also absorbs oil and helps to preserve the mineral foundation. Apparently some people are even using this under their foundation to combat oil and also using it to set their lipstick. The possibilities are endless. There are three other formulas, tinted, hydrating and illuminating.  .

I  believe that bareMinerals are in the lead in terms of mineral makeup. I can clearly see why many of their products are award winning and also why they have consistent, glowing reviews from their users.

Here is link to the bareMinerals website. Sephora also carries most of their products as well.

What bareMinerals products do you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment