Tuesday 10 June 2014

If I Was Stranded on an Island......

My one cosmetic choice would have to be blush! As long as I can remember wearing makeup I have always given my cheeks a rosy glow. I confess I am a huge blush fan!

I decided I would showcase three of my current blushing favorites:

Tarte - Amazionian Clay 12-hour Blush - Blissful-  This a beautiful shear peachy pink blush that stays on for hours and hours. It creates the most beautiful natural looking flush. This one is the most expensive of the three but the quality is extremely evident. I have seriously dropped this on the ground three times and it has surprisingly stayed put. This blush is nutrient rich and infused with natural clay baked by the sun. It is for all skin types and I think Blissful would work on just about all skin tones. Love this little beauty!

Josie Maran- Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee- Poppy Paradise. This is my newest addition.  I bought the mini although I wish I would have just thrown everything to wind and bought the normal size. (I have a bit of a commitment phobia when it comes to new products). I have to say I really like this product. It is a gel so you use your finger to smooth it onto the skin. Applying it is much easier then you would think and it blends in quite well. I like to apply this to the apples of my cheeks and blend outward and finish it off with a bit of a highlight (physicians formula). The color looks bright red in the container but when applied is a warm shear pink This is enriched with 50% coconut water and hydrates with vitamin E rich argan oil. It lasts for a very long time as well. It's a lovely little product and will be great for traveling.

Physicians Formula - Sexy Glow Blush - This is a very shimmery shear highlight blush. I use this to highlight my cheekbones. One thing that I absolutely love about this product is the smell. The scent is the most amazing suttle warm vanilla you could ever imagine. I love applying this for the look and the smell.
Blush is definitely my go-to cosmetic product. I feel like it awakens my face and makes me look alive when I feel rather sluggish.
I have applied these to my skin lightly but you can build all of them for more pop of color if that is what you fancy! 

What blush are you loving?
xoAngela

1 comment:

  1. I've been dying to try the Tarte amazonian clay blushes for so long now, I see everyone recommending them so often, I might have to give in and try it out finally! The Josie Maran also looks like it would be nice on lips and moisturizing!

    Lauren | http://www.livelovelauren.com

    ReplyDelete