Tuesday 17 June 2014

Try This, Not This!

Here a few products that did not measure up to there competitor. 

First up, Dry Shampoos.
I choose Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo over Tresemme Dry Shampoo. Although they both are fragrenced, the Dove tends to fade away where the Tresemme stays put. Doves scent is fresh and Tresemmes is very hairsprayish and strong. Tresemme tends to leave a sticky film where Dove leaves no trace of residue. Dove leaves my hair feeling clean and fresh. My love for Dove grows a little more each time I use it. Dove steals the show!

Next up, Shampoo and Conditioner.
I have been using the Redken - All Soft  Shampoo and Conditioner lately. So far I've been really happy with the results. Previous to this I was using the Pureology-Precious Oil. Pureology was recommended to me although I found it way to heavy for my hair type. It's extremely concentrated so you do not need a lot of product.  I found it very difficult to build a lather. On the other hand Redken lathers really well and rinses out super clean. The conditioner leaves my hair feeling soft and bouncy, Pureology left my hair limp and lifeless. Redken takes the cake on this one and the bonus is, it's cheaper.

Lastly, Body Shimmers.
  I was given the Bath and Body Works 24K Shimmer Gel and Body  Lotion as a gift.  It is actually a really neat concept, you turn the dial along the top to adjust the amount of lotion/shimmer you want. The smell is very strong which is why it makes the "not this" list. I find the Lush Glitter Massage Bar to be much more of a subtle shimmer. It has a vanilla lavender scent that is wonderful and not overpowering at all. Lush all the way on this one! Click here for more info on this product.   

A reminder that these are my options based on my own preferences, hair type, skin type etc. 

Have you tried any of these products?
xoAngela

1 comment: