Tuesday 22 July 2014

Weekend Camping Getaway

My family and I unplugged from our busy lives and ventured out into the wilderness to enjoy a few days of camping and spending time at the beach. Camping is something we all look forward to each and every summer. There is just something so peaceful and relaxing about forcing yourself to rough it!

So we arrived after work on Friday evening and by the time we got everything set up it was beginning to get dark which meant campfire time. The kids and I dug out the marshmallows and got the sticks ready as my talented husband built us a fire. We also brought some graham crackers and chocolate which made for some yummy smores. It doesn't get much better than this! I could stare at the fire for hours and this trip my daughter says to me, I just like looking at the fire mommy. Yay, I guess I must be doing something right for a change ha, ha.

We all slept great and woke up to a bright sun shiny day!  We ate our pancakes, fruit and bacon and packed up our things and headed to the beach. We like to hit the beach nice and early so we avoid over crowding and also the suns high intensity in the afternoon.

My youngest was so fascinated with the sea gulls.  She dropped a chip (chips are a must for our beach days) and realized that the birds would eat them. Yes,we were the annoying people on the beach feeding the birds, but she had a ball.


There is nothing more relaxing than being on the beach and watching the boats go by (unless of course you are on the boat, wink).

It's great how fast and easy the kids all make friends. They found some great "beach" friends that they would play with on the beach and had camp friends at the campground. Two little social butterflies they were.
Here is a picture of me and my husband. We were totally photo bombed by my hilarious daughter. She cracks me up! Love it!

I actually don't have many more pics from our weekend. I guess we were having to much fun to remember to even take photos. We made some great memories though, memories we can reminiscence about all Winter long (yuck, can't believe I just said the word). We hope to embrace the wilderness a few more times before the summer is over.

Do you and your family enjoy camping?
xoAngela

No comments:

Post a Comment