Thursday 28 August 2014

Three Summer Delights

Yes I have said it before and I will say it again, I love summer!  I never take it for granted and my family and I try to enjoy every second of it!

For the last few days we have been experiencing a bit of a heat wave here on the East Coast. No complaints from me though. To beat the heat I decided to take the girls out for ice cream. We pulled into the local Dairy Queen and ordered up some sundaes for the girls (with smarties of course) and for moi, my all time favorite, the Mint Oreo Blizzard.  I know this is not the healthiest of things, but it sure tastes good!

I try and make a point to treat the girls to DQ a couple times in the summer, only for them though, my Mint Orea Blizzard obsession has nothing to do with it at all (wink).

I have great memories of my parents taking me to DQ in when I was a kid. It was only a take-out back then. When the Peanut Buster Parfaits and Banana Splits would go on sale we always made a point to go. My favorite as a kid was the banana split. It was as big as I was.
Another more guilty summer delight for me has been the Bachelorette (Go Andi) and now the Bachelor in Paradise. I know what your thinking, WHY???? Well.......since I have watched the last few seasons of the Bachelor/Bachelorette I am familiar with most of the cast of the new show, so why not?  I know the concept is so morally wrong but yet it's so entertaining.  I really don't watch much TV at all,  but I do look forward to my Monday night in paradise (wink).
Clothes line
My last summer delight for today is hanging clothes on the line. Yes this is a delight, not a chore. Sliding into sun kissed sheets in the summer ranks on my top 10 for sure.  I dare you to come up with a fresher, natural, more amazing smell. Not only is hanging clothes on the line eco-friendly but it saves money and it's actually very relaxing. Another bonus is you get to be OUTSIDE. Woohoo!

 I take every chance I have to hang my clothes out. My "power hours" often consist of coming home and hanging out a line.  I am thinking I might just do a complete post on this someday. I feel a "confessions of a neat freak" brewing. (wink)

Hope you are all enjoying your favorite Summer delights as much as I am.
xoAngela

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how have I never heard of a DQ before?! It sounds amazing xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read that DQ is in US, Canada and 18 other countries (not sure which ones). They make the best soft serve ice-cream ever, hands down. If you ever get the chance, try it! You will not be disappointed!
    Thanks for your comment Gemma!

    ReplyDelete