Thursday 18 September 2014

Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas

Since school has started I have become pretty guilty of picking up a rotisserie chicken once in a while for an easy weeknight supper. The amount of things you can do with a rotisserie chicken is endless! Wraps, broccoli casserole, soup, club sandwiches and on and on.........

Tonight I decided to use a rotisserie chicken to make quesadillas. I made buffalo chicken quesadillas for my husband and I although for the kiddos just cheese, tomatoes and chicken.

Here is what you will need for two Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas:

1 tsp vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 red or green pepper, chopped
1/4 tsp chili powder
4 large flour tortilla's (I use whole wheat)
1 & 1/2 cup cooked chicken cut in bite size pieces
1/2 cup of buffalo sauce (I use Franks)
1 tbs ranch dressing
Cheddar cheese, shredded
Tomato, chopped.
(you could add any veggies you have on hand including spinach, mushrooms etc.)

Heat oil in a frying pan over medium, add onion and peppers and chili powder. Cook for 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside

Place chicken in a bowl and add buffalo sauce and ranch dressing, mix until evenly coated. Preheat oven to 350.

Lay tortilla on a pan and begin assembly.  First drizzle some ranch sauce over the tortilla, then add 1/2 of the chicken and onion/pepper mixture.  Add tomatoes and any other vegetables you might like. Top with shredded cheese and place another tortilla on top, press down.

Put quesadilla into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the edges start to brown and the cheese is all melted. You want the tortilla it to be nice and crispy. While it is cooking get your next quesadilla ready to go into the oven.

When done carefully remove from the oven and slice into four sections like a pizza (I find it works best to use a pizza cutter for this).


Drizzle a little more ranch dressing on top and serve with a sour cream and salsa and a fresh tossed salad.  (if you like blue cheese dressing you could substitute for this as well)
Enjoy!
xoAngela

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this looks amazing - I'm a huge fan of buffalo chicken, so I'm sure I'd be obsessed! x

    http://www.bohochiccafe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love just about anything buffalo chicken too! Thanks for your comment Sarah.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow these look incredible - and very pinterest worthy :D xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my husband and I really did like them a lot. I think it's a keeper. Thanks for your comment Gemma!

      Delete