Tuesday 9 September 2014

Coconut Curry Vegetable Soup

Now that school has started again I have to spend some of my lunch hour shuffling the kids to various places which leaves me with an even shorter amount of time to get everything done and eat too.

Having a pot of soup or chili to warm up makes life that much easier when I am hurrying around trying to stay on the healthy train. If you love curry you will love this soup. Like the chili I made earlier, this is one of those recipes that I basically use what ever I have on hand. This is how I made it yesterday.

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
I peeled sweet potato chopped into bite size pieces.
1 onion chopped.
3 medium sized carrots peeled and cut.
2 cups of sliced mushrooms (I used Cremini last time)
2 stalks of celery chopped
1 cup of cauliflower
 (if I have zucchini or peppers you can use it too, what ever you have)
1 container of chicken or vegetable broth
3 tablespoons of curry paste (Indian or Thai curry works well)
1 small can of coconut milk
2 cups of mung bean sprouts

Once all the vegetables are chopped, place in a large heavy bottomed pot with oil. Sauté vegetables for a few minutes. Then add broth and bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook until vegetables are tender (usually around 25 minutes).  Remove lid and add bean spouts. Cook for 3 minutes. Add curry paste and coconut milk stir and cook for another few minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes.  Serve and enjoy!

Nothing warms my heart quite like curry does and there is something so satisfying about this soup.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!

2 comments:

  1. I love curries and this recipe has some of my favorite veggies included. I'll have to pick up a bottle of Trader Joe's curry sauce next time to try it!

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, have not tried Trader Joe's, bet it is delish. Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete