Wednesday 24 September 2014

Ginger Lovies

I could not help but make these when I saw them posted on "the small things blog".  The description of these cookies alone was making me drool (wink).  I have to tell you they did not disappoint in the least, they are delicious. I have always been a fan of a chewy spiced cookie so this is a definite keeper. Thanks to Kate from the "the small things blog" I have found a wonderful addition to my cookie collection.

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves

Instruction:
1.  Lightly grease cookie sheet (I just lined my pan with parchment paper)
2.  In a mixing bowl, combine first 4 ingrediants. Blend well. (Heating your carton of molasses in the microwave for 15-20 seconds will make your molasses come out much easier)
3.  Stir in remaining ingrediants. Blend well.
4.  Refigerate dough for easier handeling (about an hour). (I actually did not have time to do this so I cooked them right away and they turned out fine)
5.  Heat oven to 350-375 degrees, and pour some sugar in a shallow dish.
6.  Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in the sugar, and place on baking sheet.
7.  Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let them sit for 1 minute before moving them to a cooling rack. 


Hope you enjoy these as much as we did!
xoAngela


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, these look seriously amazing!

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete