Wednesday 22 October 2014

Creamy Crockpot Italian Chicken

It's that time of year to break out the ol' crockpot. I seasoned mine for the fall/winter season with this delicious recipe found on the "Girl Who at Everything Blog". This recipe is very rich tasting and definitely not for the faint of heart but it is super easy to make. I used a whole package of seasoning but I think I would cut it down to half a package as it was a little bit too salty for my "low-sodium" palate. Very good weekend meal. I will be making this again for sure.

Ingredients
4 chicken breasts
1 packet dry Zesty Italian dressing 
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup (depending how cream cheesy you want it)

Instructions
Place the chicken in a crockpot and sprinkle Italian dressing over it. Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small pot over low heat and pour over chicken. Cook on low in the crockpot for at least 4 hours. You can leave it in there all day. Once chicken is done you can leave the chicken breasts whole, cube it, or even shred it. I always cut the breasts into tenderloin size strips.
Once you have cut up the chicken, throw it back in the crockpot and stir into the sauce. If you feel the sauce is too thick you can thin it to your preferred consistency with a little milk. Serve over pasta or rice.

Enjoy!
xoAngela

No comments:

Post a Comment