Friday 3 October 2014

Tarte's Summer Palette

All summer I have been longing to own tarte's "golden days & sultry nights" amazonian clay collector's shadow palette. I was so stoked to learn that I would  be receiving it with the contest I won. To be honest I really wanted to love this 100%, but I didn't. 
First the good, the packaging is great! It has a wonderful big mirror and a sturdy magnetic lid that keeps it closed when not in use. I have been using the green as a liner and the darkest (far right) to achieve a smokey bronzed eye effect. The brown on the left is a great base to start with.

The downer is the gold color. It is really flaky when you use it and falls onto your face when applying it. From just looking at it, it looks like a gorgeous gold color but turns out to not be the greatest formula at all. I see this palette is on sale now but I don't think I would run out and buy it for the three colors that are usable, even if it was on sale.

Honestly this is the most disappointed I have been with a tarte product so far. As I am sure you know, I am a big fan of tarte so it was really difficult to write something negative. I am in love with their blushes, foundations, oils and of course their lip products. What I love most about tarte is that they are free from many of the harmful ingredients found in a lot of cosmetics and they are cruelty and gluten free. But this palette..... is really not so hot.

My advice to you is if you are interested in a tarte eyeshadow palette do some research and look at the reviews before purchasing.

Have you tried this or any of tarte's palettes? If so, what's your experience like?

6 comments:

  1. I'm really surprised that a tarte product has been such a let down, but it's definitely good to know!
    Flaky eyeshadow is the worst, especially when I've done my foundation first and it makes a powdery mess on my cheeks.
    Sell it on ebay!!

    www.quitequaint.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment and suggestions. It really is a let down. I am a huge fan and own many tarte products so this is truly a first.

      Delete
  2. Those colors look so really great, such a bummer though that the gold doesn't stay on very well though and that it's just not a good buy. Boo

    Little Lady Little City

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amanda, the thing is, I was most excited about the gold. Oh well! Some you win, some you lose. Thanks for your comment, take care.

      Delete
  3. I've used the Tarte blushes and they're my FAVORITES! Great colors and great quality that stays!

    StephanieLists.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am huge fan of the blushes too.Tipsy is my favorite! Thanks for your comment Stephanie!

      Delete