Monday 24 November 2014

Brighter Days Ahead

You may recall a month or so ago I did a post about the dark wooden wall in our living room. I knew it needed to be brightened but was feeling conflicted on whether to whitewash or to paint the wall. After posting the question the majority thought painting it would go best with our existing motif. Majority won, and paint it we did!

Here is the newly painted wall (and the shelf I will mention later).

DIY shelf

To refresh, here was the before. It is so much brighter and modern looking now.
I also decided that I wanted two shelf's to display multiple frames installed over the couch. My multi-talented amazing husband glued, nailed, primed and painted the shelf's and then securely attached it to the wall. I am so pleased with the final product. Not only does it eliminate me putting a bunch of holes in the wall but it gives me the flexibility to switch it up throughout the years.

Here is a good picture of the shelf's.


We also picked up this round coffee table off of kijij. It wasn't in the greatest condition when we bought it but we gave it some TLC, a fresh coat of paint and it's as good as new. When the girls were born we opted for more space and got rid of our rectangular table. Now that they are older we decided to go with a circular one which has been great for board game night.

white round coffee table




Finally my vision is our reality and I couldn't be happier.
What do you think?
xoAngela

4 comments:

  1. looks much much brighter! nicely done!
    i'm following you on bloglovin' and twitter. hope you'll look for me too. see you around!


    a possible fantasy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely more modern, bright, & open now. I love wood, I really do, but as walls & cabinets it can be a little much. :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carmen. It was a tough call, my hubby loved the wood oh natural, but in the end we are both happy with the results. Take care!

      Delete