Monday 5 January 2015

December Round up!

December was a very busy month for us so I want to take this opportunity and reflect back a bit on some of our holiday traditions.

Every year my girlfriends and I have a "girls only" x-mas party with a secret Santa gift swap. This year we choose a restaurant to carryout the festivities. We all look forward to this annual event and  I know this tradition will last a lifetime!
Another tradition is "spa day" with my kiddos and my very good friend. We started this a while back in lieu of gifts to one another. A few days before x-mas we visit our local aesthetics school for manicures and pedicures. We make a memory and give the gift of time and togetherness to one another.
Our x-mas eve and Christmas were amazing. We spent the night before stuffing our bellies with Chinese food and sweets with family. This year we decided to cut the grownup gifts out and instead give back to the community. I cannot even begin to tell you how great this feels and the stress seemed to almost vanish that is sometimes associated with gift giving.  It is hard to even imagine spending money on "stuff" when there are so many people without the "essentials". I loved including my kids in the actions that we took to give back and help others.

It has been a great year and a very special holiday. Here are a few randoms.



Good times, great friends and wonderful memories. What more could you ask for?
xoAngela

No comments:

Post a Comment