Friday 6 February 2015

One Nutty Date

I am sure you have had one or two nutty dates in your life........   You can be sure the nutty dates I am talking about are the ones that will keep you coming back for more and more though, not running for cover (wink)!

I had some dates left over after making my "energy balls" so I thought why not try something a little different. After surfing the net I came across a recipe that incorporates dates into the "classic" peanut butter cookie. The verdict, AMAZING! The dates add a nice touch of texture and sweet caramel taste.  I also added a about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to mine as well. Go big or go home with these suckers!

(source)
ONE NUTTY DATE
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces pitted dates, chopped (I used about 10 dates)
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped (I did not have these so I omitted them)

PREPARATION
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Beat brown sugar, butter, peanut butter and cinnamon in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well mixed. Add egg and vanilla; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; beat until well mixed, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary. Stir in dates and walnuts. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour before baking.
Use a small scoop (1 3/8- to 1 1/2-inch) and drop balls of dough 2 inches apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. (If you do not have a scoop, shape the dough by hand into 1- to 1 1/4-inch balls.) Gently press each ball to flatten slightly.
Bake the cookies until the edges are lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

Hope you enjoy!
xoAngela

3 comments:

  1. Missing your posts! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! I am well, sorry it's been a while. I hope to get back on track soon! Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete